With over 80 years of experience in the industry, our trusted engineers are on hand 24/7 and fully equipped to service, interrogate and repair equipment from almost any OEM.
Why Choose Dale Power?
- 4 hour UPS related call-out response time availability, 365 days a year
- National coverage with on/off-shore maintenance reach
- Regular Management Information (MI) with true maintenance reporting
- All UPS makes and models covered by experienced expert staff
- Accurate real-time reporting via the Dale Field Data Capture App
- Professionally serviced and maintained in accordance with industry best practice
- Online portal providing a smart maintenance solution with remote access to asset data, service reports & remedial works
UPS Service & Maintenance Plans
What’s involved in a UPS contract?
Dale understand that clarity in any service is important therefore have simplified your solutions into 4 main maintenance packages (bronze, silver, gold and platinum).Please contact us for full information concerning our terms and conditions where you can see what you can expect from a leading provider in critical power.
Preventative UPS Maintenance
Damage and wear and tear are unavoidable in the life of a UPS. Avoid the disruption caused by power downtime through regular preventative UPS maintenance, which means less downtime and reduced unexpected costs. We plan inspections to detect problems early on and then schedule preventative maintenance, allowing us to make repairs at the right time without it affecting your load.
Predictive UPS Maintenance
Our extensive experience allows us to make reliable and accurate predictions as to when a UPS system could face decreased efficiency due to damage or a failed component. This enables us to establish when to carry out specific maintenance, ensuring that your load is not affected by a period of downtime.
UPS Maintenance Contracts
Customers can benefit from our comprehensive UPS maintenance contracts, which entitles you to a 24-hour callout service should your UPS system become compromised. Our highly trained engineers and friendly support staff are always on hand to provide assistance when needed. We offer cost-effective contracts, ensuring that your UPS system is regularly maintained to support your load without any downtime.
Uninterruptible power supplies (UPS) do so much more than provide short-term emergency backup power in the event of any disturbances or disruptions to the mains electricity supply. Responding to complete mains failure, power outages and blackouts, UPS power supply systems such as AC UPS, DC UPS and rugged UPS can also correct a wide range of power problems, such as sags (short periods when the voltage is below the usual mains supply level), power surges (sudden increase in voltage caused by an event such as a lightning strike), unstable frequency (where power oscillates beyond 50Hz) and power spikes (very short millisecond bursts of energy on the power line). With such an important role to play, your UPS must undergo UPS service and UPS maintenance inspections to ensure that they will always work without interruption.
From UPS remote monitoring and control system management through to replacement batteries, UPS battery maintenance and load testing, here at Dale Power Solutions, we can meet all of your UPS maintenance inspections’ needs. Along with the provision of spare parts such as UPS alternators, UPS air filters, UPS cooling systems, UPS batteries and UPS control systems, we can service your UPS to the highest standards. Backed by a team of UPS engineers and UPS service professionals who are available 24/7, 365 days of the year – your UPS power supply will be able to handle any inconsistency or unforeseen circumstance with ease.
To discover what our UPS maintenance contracts incorporate and learn more about our UPS service, please get in touch with us today. We help businesses across the UK, including those located in areas such as York, Scarborough, Kent, Glasgow and St Albans, and will discuss your needs to ensure your UPS contract is the right one for you.
The Importance of Ongoing UPS Maintenance
An uninterruptible power supply needs sufficient maintenance in line with the manufacturer’s guidelines to ensure optimal reliability. With businesses becoming ever more reliant on their UPS power supplies, a power failure is an unmitigated disaster, not only because of the inconvenience, but also the potentially excessive loss of time and money. A UPS maintenance cover programme provides greater peace of mind that a UPS will always work efficiency, and protect any associated equipment.
Having a well-designed and well-maintained UPS power supply system is the best protection against power outages, being especially important for hospitals and other health care facilities, as well as data centres, telecommunication businesses and utility services. Even the best UPS requires UPS service and maintenance every now and then, and we feel it’s always best to be safe rather than sorry.
Systematic UPS service and UPS maintenance contracts for your UPS power supply are always recommended, and here at Dale Power Solutions we offer 4 levels of cover. From the ‘Bronze’ package which includes an annual visit and intermediate visit where we carry out an asset review, through to our ‘Platinum’ package which involves management information reports, minor fault fixes, included callouts and condition-based consumable changes such as end of life capacitors, fans and batteries among other useful UPS spare parts, here at Dale Power Solutions, we can do it all. Our team are experts in the maintenance, repair and testing of all types of critical power supply systems, being widely experienced in managing power installation projects of all sizes and complexities too.
Therefore, whether you’re located in Kent, Liverpool, Yorkshire or Glasgow, please get in touch with Dale Power Solutions today to learn more about our UPS maintenance package options. We enact UPS maintenance plans across the UK, and our experience and expertise is highlighted in our work.
Our UPS Maintenance Plans & UPS Service Options
With industry experience and expertise guiding our maintenance process, Dale Power Solutions is determined to keep your UPS power supply systems running effectively. Our UPS maintenance contracts provide clients with a comprehensive UPS service and UPS maintenance package for their UPS. Regardless of whether you use an AC UPS, DC UPS, rugged UPS, containerised UPS, severe environment UPS or some other kind, wear and tear over time is inevitable, and therefore, we use planned preventative maintenance and predictive maintenance to ensure repairs are carried out with minimal disruption to your facility and business.
Should you experience UPS breakdown, we aim for rapid response UPS maintenance. With remote monitoring of your UPS, we can easily maintain your UPS systems, and, where needed, take immediate action and reduce response time. From our standard UPS service and UPS repairs through to load testing, control system management and our UPS battery service, our UPS maintenance service can maintain your uninterruptible power supplies no end.
Our UPS service and maintenance can include:
- UPS Service & Maintenance: To see greater return from your uninterruptible power supply system, we suggest carrying out regular maintenance visits, inspections and UPS repairs. UPS maintenance can include everything from protective device repair, battery management and enclosure maintenance through to power conversion optimisation and the identification of operation abnormalities for preventive and predictive maintenance.
- Load Bank Testing: Load testing is a way of validating the correct operational performance and battery autonomy of the UPS system, testing your UPS power supply system under load conditions. The main reason for testing load banks is to carry out preventive maintenance necessary to avoid future damages or breakdowns. In addition to preventative maintenance, load bank tests are used to ascertain the current conditions of UPS batteries as well as battery sets to show whether any of the cells are holding the charge, approaching the end of their working life or whether they are about to fail. With Dale Power Solutions, a mix of both resistive and reactive load bank tests can be carried out in order to produce reliable results to base a UPS maintenance plan on.
- Control System Management: A key part of your power system, your control system determines how your power system behaves and responds in different situations. We can manage your entire power control system to ensure it’s always running when required and make any modifications as and when needed.
- Remote Monitoring: To detect potential faults and ensure your system’s critical load is always protected, we suggest remote UPS monitoring. Remote UPS monitoring allows us to check the status of your UPS systems from a computer and/or smart device from a remote location, providing reports and data on its operation. This UPS service provides continuous monitoring, ensuring system optimisation by analysing real-time and historical data from numerous UPS units. For UPS maintenance, we will attach a SNMP (Simple Network Management Portal) card, which, once installed, will send alarms to our central system so that we are made aware of any problems and can respond in a timely and efficient manner.
- UPS Spare Parts: Whether you’re after a UPS air filter, UPS cooling system, UPS battery, UPS alternator, UPS control system or another UPS spare part, here at Dale Power Solutions, we know we have the one for you. Our team is equipped with a parts identification system and ordering software, making sure you always have access to the right parts, at the right time. All of our spare parts are from genuine UPS manufacturers and have been manufactured to precise specifications with guaranteed durability, dependability and productivity, so are a plus when it comes to your UPS service and UPS maintenance programme. Further, all of our UPS spare parts are certified to industry standards – a testament to our commitment to providing our clients with the highest quality.
- UPS Battery Testing Maintenance: Battery failures account for more than half of all UPS failures. No matter if the battery system is Valve-Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA), Vented Lead Acid (VLA), or Nickel-Cadmium (NiCad), it is the most vulnerable and most failure-prone part of your UPS. This is why UPS battery maintenance is necessary to ensure UPS functionality at all times. Our UPS battery service is extensive and far-reaching and comprises: Checking of the open circuit battery and UPS float voltages; Inspecting the physical condition of your UPS batteries, UPS terminals and UPS connections; A detailed examination of individual cells for post and interconnector corrosion; Voltage readings; Impedance testing. Along with the installation of permanently-fitted battery monitoring systems, we can install new UPS batteries for your power systems.
Equipment Upgrades, UPS Upgrades & New UPS System Maintenance
UPS equipment upgrades are a great way to extend your UPS power supply system’s life cycle, as is the introduction of new UPS power supply, and UPS upgrades into your site. From the configuration of your UPS equipment before it’s dispatched, right the way through to on-site installation and optimisation, Dale Power Solutions provides a comprehensive installation and commissioning service for our UPS, ensuring complete peace of mind and a high standard of work. Our service engineers can either work alone on your project, or alongside your plant engineering staff, to reduce expenditure and enable knowledge transfer. This will be commissioned safely and delivered on time, with minimal disruption to your power site.
We will conduct a complete site assessment including access, space and floor loadings. We will then organise delivery and placement of your power system, arranging special lifting and carnage if required. We will also take care of all the electrical and mechanical work that is needed to get your UPS power supply up and running.
During the commissioning process our experienced and highly skilled engineers will fully test the complete power protection systems operation to ensure that your system is tuned to provide you with maximum efficiency of your plants operation. Our service engineers will work in accordance with factory issued commissioning procedures and written method statement.
UPS Upgrades & UPS Power Supply Systems.
At Dale Power Solutions, we offer a range of UPS upgrades for UPS power supply systems ensuring you get the most out of your power systems. Upgrade options include, but are not limited to: the UPS air filter, UPS cooling system, UPS battery, UPS alternator and UPS control system.
We also have a fantastic range of UPS power supply systems for you to choose from, should your UPS be beyond repair. Our range of UPS includes AC UPS, DC UPS, rugged UPS, containerised UPS and severe environment UPS, available with single phase power, three phase power and a wide voltage range. Dependent on your maintenance requirements, we can advise you on the right UPS power supply for you.
On the lookout for a UPS maintenance service? Want to learn more about our UPS service contracts? Whether you’re located in Scarborough, St Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Manchester, Glasgow or Cardiff, we offer UPS maintenance solutions to power sites across the UK, so we know we can provide you with a viable power solution too. We recommend contacting us today on 0330 999 3000 to discuss our range of options and how we can help you.
The Benefits of UPS Maintenance
There are many UPS maintenance benefits, including:
- Ensures optimum UPS power supply efficiency: A well-structured UPS preventive maintenance programme includes servicing to all the UPS installation’s major parts; the UPS itself, the battery and generator if present. During a maintenance visit, a full inspection of the UPS’s critical instruments will also be checked for optimum UPS power supply efficiency.
- Reduced risk of downtime: A forward-thinking UPS maintenance and UPS service allows you to monitor the ongoing health of your UPS power supply. By scheduling regular inspections and checkups, you will alleviate the chances of part and component failures which lead to downtime. Preventative maintenance will also address any issues that could lead to a potential system failure, identifying and resolving problems before they have a chance to take hold, or worsen.
- Improves business budgeting and maintenance processes: Whether you run a data centre, telecommunications business or a healthcare facility, unexpected breakdowns can be extremely costly, and really eat into your expenditure or cash reserve. By having a preventive maintenance program in place, you can avert unanticipated failures and better plan for the future. Furthermore, part refurbishments and replacements can be predicted and anticipated, and therefore you can build these into your forecasted costs and budget.
- Increased efficiency and longer lifespan: Professional UPS maintenance and a UPS service will help your UPS power supply function at peak performance. This will help your system work for years to come, prolonging their lifespan, and the benefits they bring to your business and facility.
Why Businesses Trust In Dale
- We work with a variety of UPS power supply systems, including Caterpillar, Dawson Keith, Emerson and GE. Along with Perkins, PE Systems, Puma, Scorpio and Yuasa, as well as Swan, Volvo, AEG and Saft, our list is endless, as is our experience with your UPS power supply system, allowing us to provide you with the best UPS maintenance service on the market.
- We have a long history of continued supply of secure power solutions and service for the most challenging maintenance requirements globally, providing total customer satisfaction across a variety of sectors, including telecommunications, healthcare, data centres and defence, as well as utilities, renewables and marine, oil and gas.
- We take our corporate responsibility seriously across the company as an employer, manufacturer, investor and a consumer. We recognise the importance of understanding the impact of our activities on the environment and we are developing an Environmental Programme to demonstrate our commitment. Our company is also ISO 14001 accredited, and we promote energy and water efficiency, waste reduction, and reduction of potentially dangerous, volatile or environmentally damaging chemicals. We also have an ongoing commitment to reduce our carbon footprint, and are even developing a range of environmentally-friendly products too.
- We are committed to our clients, and our service level and dedication is testament to that. We have a full critical power service support team who are available 24/7, 365 days of the year. With bases in Scarborough, Hemel Hempstead and St Albans, our network of over 100 technical engineers are always in reach. With Dale Power Solutions, when UPS maintenance is needed, you won’t be in need for long.
Interested in learning more about our UPS service and UPS maintenance contracts? Want to learn more about how we can help? We can help sites in areas such as Kent, London, Gwynt y Môr and Carlisle, so whether you’re after UPS maintenance, UPS repairs or something more specific, please contact Dale Power Solutions today and we’ll be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
“Dale Power service our generators regularly. We find them to be very
professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them.”
Why do I need UPS maintenance?
Maintenance is essential for keeping your UPS system in working order. An uninterruptible power supply is a highly technical piece of equipment, which consists of thousands of sensitive components, each one playing a major part in keeping the UPS fully functioning. UPS maintenance allows us to identify any potential failures and maintain the integrity of the system without having to affect the load.
What does UPS maintenance involve?
Vital UPS maintenance tasks generally include a visual inspection of the area surrounding the UPS and the battery equipment, in order to establish obstructions or proper cooling. Maintenance also looks to identify whether any operating abnormalities or warnings have been registered on the UPS panel like a battery near discharge or an overload for example.
How often do I need UPS maintenance?
Regular UPS maintenance is necessary for the successful operation of your uninterruptible power supply. It is generally recommended that UPS maintenance is carried out within the first year of installation and annually from there onwards. Maintenance may need to be carried out sooner due to any potential component failures that may occur in the meantime.
What is UPS maintenance bypass?
During regular UPS maintenance, the uninterruptible power supply needs to be isolated through an external UPS maintenance bypass, also known as a wraparound bypass. This allows general servicing to continue without causing disruption to the load. A larger UPS will need the internal static bypass engaged before throwing the maintenance bypass.