Creating innovative solutions to protect critical power supplies for customers all over the world for more than 80 years, we know how AC and DC maintenance can be to the longevity of your UPS system. At Dale Power Solutions, our expert engineers are fully equipped to service and repair equipment from almost any OEM.
Why Choose Dale Power?
- All AC and DC makes and models covered
- Certified expert staff
- National and global reach
- Next day and same day response, 365 days a year
- Professionally serviced and maintained in accordance with industry best practice
Businesses across the UK count on their uninterruptible power supply systems and generators to provide clean, reliable power for their critical power equipment. UPS systems and generators are often the last line of defence in the event of a utility power failure or other power disruption, meaning that companies do everything they can to prevent issues such as power outages, power surges and power sags. Achieving this requires UPS batteries and generator batteries, and regular battery management and battery maintenance to ensure battery health, their upkeep and continued service. Identifying ‘end of useful life’ and planning for battery replacement, a battery management programme can truly spell the difference between equipment functionality and equipment failure.
At Dale Power Solutions, we have an extensive battery management system and process that ensures battery health management, battery integrity and high efficiency. Comprising everything from battery selection, battery supply and battery accommodation through to battery installation, battery testing and battery maintenance, we can guide you through the whole process, and ensure it is a smooth and seamless operation. As one of the largest and leading independent suppliers of battery management in the UK, you are guaranteed a battery management system and service like no other, provided by a dedicated team who can recommend the best batteries for your critical power supply equipment at the drop of a hat.
To discuss our battery selection, and to learn more about our battery management system and services, please contact us today on 0330 999 3000. Aiding businesses, sites and facilities across the UK, in areas including St Albans, Swansea, Manchester and Glasgow, we can help with all of your battery needs, and make battery recommendations based on your business requirements.
The Importance of Battery Management
A UPS power supply system comprises various electronic components, but it’s the battery that makes it uninterruptible. A single bad battery within a UPS battery string creates a risk of downtime for data centres, healthcare facilities and manufacturing plants among other sites, with battery failure accounting for more than half of all UPS power supply system failures. No matter if the battery system is Valve-Regulated Lead Acid (VRLA), Vented Lead Acid (VLA), or Nickel-Cadmium (NiCad), it is by far the most vulnerable and most failure-prone part of your UPS. This is why regular maintenance of these batteries is critical to ensure battery health and backup power is ready when needed. And it’s no different for generator batteries either.
Battery management and battery maintenance can keep track of your battery life, battery cycling and battery capacity, not to mention energy storage. Testing battery voltage, open circuit voltage, battery load and battery cells, as well as inspecting battery components and connections, battery management can give you peace of mind knowing that your batteries are functioning properly and resolve any unexpected issues that may have occurred since your last battery test. Battery management can prepare you for battery failure, ensuring a plan is in place for battery replacement, and that this process will be hassle-free. Battery management is of the utmost importance for key service providers such as hospitals, telecommunications and transport, as well as businesses that function 24/7, such as data centres.
Battery Management Services
From battery testing and battery maintenance through to battery replacement and battery recycling, here at Dale Power Solutions we offer a full battery service. Meeting the UPS battery requirements and generator battery needs of healthcare facilities, telecommunication centres, manufacturing plants and police services, as well as transport and defence ministries, we can ensure that your batteries are functioning as required, have battery power and that you are prepared for battery repairs, battery replacement and any unexpected events that could hinder battery life and battery performance. With the battery playing such an important role in your critical power supply equipment, our battery management services will see you right, and keep you covered.
Our Battery Management Services Include:
Battery Selection & Battery Supply
Our battery experts will select and size the correct battery technology and battery type to ensure the best choice for your application. We can meet your every requirement from
individual cells and mono-blocks to full banks, strings and entire sites.
We can advise clients on the battery technology most suited to the application and typically choose from:
- Valve regulated lead acid batteries.
- Flooded lead acid batteries.
- Flooded nickel cadmium batteries (NiCd batteries).
- Gas recombination low maintenance NiCd batteries.
- Lithium ion stationary batteries.
Battery accommodation and its functional safety are nearly as important as the battery itself, due to the function it plays in your power supply infrastructure. Battery accommodation typically comprises: a battery accommodation case configured to accommodate the battery; a positive electrode terminal connected to a positive electrode of the battery; a negative electrode terminal connected to a negative electrode of the battery; and a clamping spring provided between the positive electrode terminal and the negative electrode terminal and configured to clamp a part of an outer peripheral surface of the battery. Choosing the right battery accommodation is imperative, and with an extensive range of enclosures and stands (open and cladded) available, we’ll help you find the right battery accommodation for you.
Battery Installation & Commissioning
Battery testing and battery inspections are available for all of our batteries, from single cells to entire charging rooms, and this is vital for keeping your batteries in good condition and maintaining battery health and available power. Using site load or a load bank test, we can conduct battery autonomy checks, along with voltage monitoring, measurement and discharge testing. All of our full battery capacity checks are carried out to industry standards, providing comprehensive solutions to the clients we aid.
Further, our condition monitoring checks use battery resistance instruments to enable full site reporting of individual cell voltage, and internal resistance readings including associated interconnections for sophisticated cell testing and continuous monitoring.
Predictive and preventative maintenance should be regularly carried out to reduce battery failure, prolong battery life and battery health and reduce any downtime. When problems with your batteries occur, our battery service engineers will be on hand to analyse the situation and resolve any battery issues as swiftly as possible. It is often possible to make battery repairs and battery reconfigurations there and then, but should your battery reach the end of its lifecycle, our battery experts will recommend a suitable battery replacement.
Our Battery Maintenance Capabilities Include:
- Checking the open circuit battery and UPS float voltages.
- Inspecting the physical condition of the batteries, terminals and connections.
- Assessing the condition of your battery cabinets.
- Carrying out an in-depth examination of individual cells for post and interconnector corrosion.
- Conducting specific gravity checks.
- Creating charging and temperature compensation regimes.
- Conducting impedance testing to assess the internal condition of your batteries.
- Carrying out voltage readings.
- Thermal imagery.
- Disposal of batteries in accordance with the Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, which includes removal, transportation and disposal of waste batteries.
Along with voltage measurement, discharge testing, cell testing and battery hire, our battery maintenance services include everything you need for efficient battery usage.
If you’re in need of battery management services then we encourage you to get in touch with Dale Power Solutions today. Providing battery testing, battery monitoring and battery maintenance solutions to businesses across the UK, in areas including Liverpool, London, Cardiff and Edinburgh, we’ll ensure that your generator battery and UPS battery works as it should, and when the time comes for replacement, that you have a good selection from which to choose. To learn more about our battery management services, please contact us today on 0330 999 3000.
Battery Product Line
At Dale Power Solutions, we can provide businesses, sites and facilities with a whole host of UPS batteries and generator batteries, as well as battery replacements. Ensuring your batteries are compatible with your critical power supply equipment and the latest specifications, our battery tester will carry out a range of battery tests to give you that assurance, and your power equipment the battery it needs.
If you’re ever in need of a battery tester, battery management or need help choosing your new battery, our technical experts are always happy to help, and are willing to answer any and all questions you may have regarding UPS batteries, generator batteries, battery health management and custom battery design.
Our Range of Battery Products Include:
- Valve regulated lead acid batteries (VRLA).
- Flooded lead acid batteries.
- Vented nickel cadmium batteries (NiCd).
- Gas recombination low maintenance batteries.
- Li-ion batteries.
- Lithium primary cell batteries.
As you may know, a battery converts chemical energy stored in it into electrical power. Once the chemical, or more specifically the electrolyte, of the battery is used up, the battery gets discharged. A battery charger can be used to regenerate the used up electrolyte in a battery, allowing its continued usage. Providing DC current to the battery to restore its electrolyte, it’s important to remember that a battery can never be 100% recharged. With each battery cycling – battery discharge and battery recharge – battery capacity is reduced. Batteries can only be discharged and recharged so many times before the battery is depleted. When this occurs, the battery cells will fail and the battery will need to be replaced.
Until then, a battery charger is a vital part of your critical power supply infrastructure, and here at Dale Power Solutions, we can provide you with a superb selection of battery chargers from which you can choose. Our battery chargers can meet the needs of UPS power supply systems and emergency generators of all sizes, outputs and power requirements, ensuring that your power equipment works when you need it the most.
Our Range of Battery Chargers Include:
The SR range of single phase and three phase input switch mode based DC battery systems offers a compact and modular solution. Configurable to provide DC output voltages from 24V to 240V nominal with output power capability to 150kW, this battery charger range also provides the potential for rectifier redundancy.
- Single Phase input nominal voltage: 208 to 277VAC (Phase voltage)
- Three phase input nominal voltage: 360 to 480VAC (Line voltage)
- Input voltage operating range: +/- 10% of nominal input voltage range
- Input frequency variation: 45 to 70Hz
- Power factor: >0.99 at 100% of rated load
- Nominal voltage options: 24V, 48V, 110V or 220V DC
- Output voltage setting range, 24 & 48V nominal: 88% to 125% of nominal DC voltage
- Output voltage setting range, 110 & 220V nominal: 82% to 145% of nominal DC voltage
- High Efficiency: Typically >90% at rated output
- Protection rating: IP21
- Audible noise level: 55—60dBA depending on rating and load
- Operating temperature range: -10 to +45°C
- Operating humidity range: 10 to 95% RH non condensing
- Operating altitude range: 0 to 2800m
The 6CV range of three phase input thyristor based DC systems can be configured to provide DC output voltages from 24V up to 240V nominal with output currents up to 1250A. The range offers highly rugged solutions for the most demanding of environmental and operating conditions.
- Supply phase & voltage: Three phase 400VAC
- Supply voltage variation: +/- 10% to meet output specification
- Supply frequency: 50 / 60 Hz
- Supply frequency variation: +/-6% to meet output specification, +/- 10% transient
- Power factor: 0.8 lagging at full load and float setting
- Nominal voltages available: 24V, 48/50V, 110V or 220V DC
- Voltage setting ranges: Float 100—125%, Equalise 110—135%, Commission 120—145%
- Ripple voltage: <1% of nominal DC voltage with or without battery connected
- High Efficiency: 78 to 95% depending on rating and options fitted
- Operating temperature range: -10°C to +40°C
- Operating humidity: 10% to 90% RH—non condensing
- Operating altitude range: 0 to 1000m
- Protection Rating: IP40
- Audible noise level: 55—65dBA dependant on rating and load
Battery Management Benefits
- Reduced Downtime: The best way to avoid costly downtime is to monitor your UPS power supply equipment, generators and all the additional components that comprise them. Systematic battery inspections, battery testing and battery cleaning by trained battery technicians ensure the various mechanical and electronic components are functioning to their maximum potential. Any wear and tear and potential failure can be identified and resolved before a battery failure happens.
- Improved Battery Performance: Regular battery maintenance ensures peak performance through scheduled check-ups that guide adjustments to your battery. If any part of your battery, UPS power supply system or generator isn’t working properly, it puts more stress on the rest of the power system, slowing performance and shortening the life of those parts.
- Equipment Protection: While the most obvious financial benefit of preventive maintenance is avoiding expensive outages and associated replacement costs, battery management and battery maintenance can also extend the operational life of your power and cooling equipment. Without proper servicing, even the best UPS and generator are significantly more likely to fail when you can least afford it. By monitoring the battery, its load and its rated capacity, available capacity, and keeping them in top condition, you can maximize the life of your critical power equipment.
- Battery management ensures that there are no nasty surprises, and that you can prepare for battery replacement. Scoping out the correct batteries ensures that you install the right one, and that there’s a seamless transition between batteries.
Get In Touch
In need of a battery management contract that covers all of your battery maintenance needs? Looking for battery testers that can explain their process to you, and ensure you know how to better manage your battery storage? The team here at Dale Power Solutions can help you with all of this and more, so we encourage you to get in touch with us today on 0330 999 3000 for battery health management guidance, functional safety advice and to discuss our range of battery services. We help sites across the UK, in areas including Liverpool, Scarborough, London, Swansea and Glasgow, so whether you’re after battery voltage readings, a battery tester, battery maintenance or battery recycling, please contact Dale Power Solutions today and we’ll be only too happy to help.
Get in touch today
“Dale Power service our generators regularly. We find them to be very
professional and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend them.”