In an uncertain world where escalating demand is putting a real strain on power supplies, and blackout frequency is increasing year-on-year, you need to have complete confidence in your power supply solutions, and have processes in place that prevent power outages. Especially in industries such as healthcare and utilities where uninterruptible power supplies are a must for the generators that power them, regular maintenance ensures their operation, prolongs their lifespan and protects you from costly outages and downtime. Here at Dale Power Solutions, we deliver flexible, innovative and cost-effective secure power solutions, service and maintenance options, and can manage the full life cycle of your equipment.
Whether you’re in need of generator spare parts such as batteries, control panels, turbo chargers or waste pumps, are looking for OFTEC-qualified fuel tank inspections, skid equipment repairs and load bank testing, or simply want a routine inspection as part of your maintenance schedule, our industry-accredited and award-winning team can deliver it all. Available 24/7, 365 days of the year, they can help with any unexpected loss of power, and provide guidance on the right products that will see you right again. Designing, manufacturing and installing new and replacement products is also one of our specialities, as is the creation of bespoke solutions for niche projects.
With Dale Power Solutions, all of your UPS and generator maintenance needs are taken care of, so you can take care of more important matters. Regardless of whether you’re located in Scarborough, St Albans, Glasgow or Pen y Cymoedd, we’ll be there whenever you need us, making things right as quickly and effectively as possible. To learn more, please get in touch with us today.
The Importance Of UPS & Generator Maintenance
The majority of electronic and electrical equipment, no matter how well-designed and built it is, will fail eventually unless it is maintained according to its manufacturer’s instructions. Failure-induced downtime is unsustainable for any commercially-used equipment, but it’s especially consequential for UPS systems and generators. If they go offline, they impact all of the equipment they have been installed to protect, with potentially devastating effects. Luckily, there are a number of things that you can do to minimise this impact, and maintenance is a key part of this.
UPS and generator maintenance should include three key components: regular testing and a preventative maintenance schedule; emergency call-out facilities with a guaranteed response time; and a policy for end-of-life component replacement.
The maintenance schedule should be designed to include all the UPS installation’s major parts, which are the UPS itself, the battery and the generator if present. The schedule will be based on a planned programme of visits in which service technicians perform inspection and maintenance as required. Regular preventative maintenance visits are the only way to spot early signs of degradation to vital components before they fail and to plan replacements before they cause downtime.
Environmental conditions should also always be taken into consideration, starting with removing any material and obstructions from around the equipment, and checking for any abnormal conditions. Equipment should always be checked for evidence of excessive heat, noise or vibration, as well as signs of damage to components or to power and control wiring and connections. This includes looking for swelling and leakage on AC and DC capacitors. Power supply voltages and waveforms, together with the overall UPS operation, should be checked, as should the airflow in and around installations.
Identifying any degradation of any critical components, repairs and replacements can be performed before a fault occurs, and spares can be sourced immediately.
How Can Dale Power Help?
AC & DC Maintenance
Every power solution needs regular maintenance in order to run efficiently and avoid the threat of an all-out power failure. Without this, you run the risk of downtime, which could easily be prevented through planned or predictive maintenance. Potential faults can be identified, and we can schedule repairs, so that downtime is just a word, not a reality.
Using advanced electrical design and 3D CAD software, we can configure your system from scratch, or base it on an existing design. We can also upgrade and refurbish existing AC and DC UPS products to boost their reliability, efficiency and lifespan. All of our products are designed with the customer in mind, and our talented project managers can work with you to plan, control and coordinate everything from order placement, design and manufacture through to installation.
Our AC & DC Maintenance Options Include:
- Documentation – All of our secure power solutions are provided with technical and operational documentation to help in the operation and maintenance of the systems. We work in accordance with the manufacturer’s guidelines, so whether you’re using a system from the DCV/CV Thyristor range, the 6CV Thyristor, the UP7000 Single and Three Phase Output UPS range or one of the UP6000 Switch Mode Modular UPS systems, we have an expert on hand who can help.
- Factory Acceptance Testing – This test ensures that your power equipment performs correctly and meets your customers’ requirements.
- Remote Communications – We provide monitoring and alarm capabilities which range from configurable alarm relay contacts to remote communication. Our remote communication options are designed to provide you with alarm and status information to ensure a secure power system.
- Monitoring and Control – From GUI display schemes and analogue metering through to intelligent monitoring of protective devices such as circuit breakers and fuses, our fantastic team can do it all.
Battery Service & Maintenance
At Dale Power Solutions, we know the key role that the battery plays in the overall reliability and availability of a power protection system. It supplies the energy required by the critical load if the mains utility fails, or when the input mains voltage and frequency are outside the acceptable values. Batteries can also power your generator’s digital control panel, provide power to ancillary panes in DC devices and to automatic vents in AC sources, as well as provide backup power to a secondary generator should your primary generator fail. With such an important role to play, battery care and maintenance are clearly of the utmost importance.
Our Battery Service & Maintenance Includes:
- Checking of the open circuit battery and UPS float voltages.
- Inspecting the physical condition of the batteries, terminals and connections.
- Assessing the condition of your battery cabinets.
- Performing a detailed examination of individual cells for post and interconnector corrosion.
- Impedance testing to assess the internal condition of your batteries.
- Voltage readings.
- Should you require it, supply and installation of new UPS batteries for your power systems, as well as replacements for a variety of battery-supported products – including AC UPS, DC equipment, emergency lighting units and generator starting batteries.
- Disposal of batteries in accordance with the Hazardous Waste Regulations 2005, which includes removal, transportation and disposal of waste batteries.
We can also advise on battery system design and create bespoke battery installations that meet your site’s needs.
Our UPS Service & Maintenance Plans offer clients from industries as varied as healthcare, utilities, transportation and telecommunications the flexibility to choose the level of service required. All providing an industry-recognised best practice asset review – our most popular option – the ‘Platinum’ plan, also includes management information reports, condition-based consumable changes such as fans, batteries and end of life capacitors, as well as access to our customer portal where you can view asset details and reports. Including call-outs too, which has only a 4 hour response time and comprises both on- and offshore sites, with Dale Power Solutions, your maintenance needs will not only be met, but exceeded.
Clients can also take advantage of our extensive UPS maintenance contracts, which gives you a 24-hour callout service should your UPS system become compromised. Our team are experts in their fields, and will get you through any emergency with professionalism and care.
Generator Service & Maintenance
Wear and tear over time is unavoidable, but the impact it has on your operations is. We provide comprehensive service and maintenance for diesel generators and UPS across the UK, in locations including Manchester, Liverpool, London and Newcastle. Serving industries as varied as defence, finance, construction and telecommunications, we ensure our clients’ generators are always running, and, even in the untimely event of an emergency breakdown, that a rapid response is provided. From standard maintenance and repairs to load bank testing and control system management, our service capability allows us to manage everything from standalone generators through to whole fleets of power systems.
- Diesel Generator Service & Maintenance – This can include everything from exhaust treatment and OFTEC qualified fuel tank inspections through to coolant cleaning and recycling, fuel management and radiator cleaning. We can also supply a range of diesel generators to.
- UPS Service & Maintenance – This includes, but is not limited to: protective device repair, battery management, enclosure maintenance and power conversion optimisation.
- Load Bank Testing – These tests are an effective way of identifying and prioritising areas that are in need of preventative maintenance. Both resistive and reactive local bank tests are conducted to provide reliable results to base a maintenance plan on.
- Control System Management – The core of your power system, the control system determines how it reacts in various situations. We can manage your whole control system to ensure it’s always running and make any necessary adjustments as and when required.
- Remote Monitoring – Allowing us to check the status of your generator systems from a computer and/or smart device from a remote location, providing reports and data on its functionality. We can also check that vital systems are operational and turn generators on and off.
We also make generator maintenance simple, with a choice of 4 maintenance packages from which to choose, each with their own level of cover. From the ‘Bronze’ package which simply includes an annual visit and intermediate visit where we carry out an asset review, through to our ‘Platinum’ package which involves fluid sampling, minor fault fixes, included callouts and asset management among other beneficial features, we can help you find the right service level for you.
Equipment upgrades are also a great way to extend your generator’s lifespan, reducing the need for greater capital expenditure on new equipment. By integrating the latest technology, you’ll also ensure regulatory compliance, and reduced emissions compared to continued use of the generator in its current state. We understand that upgrades can be a daunting process, but with Dale Power Solutions, we take the stress out of what can be a stressful situation, if not handled correctly. Our specialist project management team are with you from design until completion, and their extensive knowledge of plant room installations, fuel systems, electrical installations and control upgrades, as well as exhaust systems and commissioning works, ensures a thorough process from start to finish. We’ll work with you to find your ideal solution, and then provide it to you in no time at all.
Spares, Upgrades and Accessories
UPS Spare Parts
When it comes to spare parts for your power systems, we haven’t just got your back, we’ve got you covered. From air filters, cooling systems and alternators to control panels and tailored solutions for niche products, we stock a wide range of spare parts, and can supply you with the correct parts for your power system equipment, ensuring its always running without any interruption.
All of our spare parts come from genuine manufacturers and have been manufactured to distinct specifications with assured durability, reliability and productivity. We are dedicated to providing our clients with the highest standard of spare parts to maximise the performance of their equipment, and in this vain, all of our spare parts are certified to industry standards.
By also stocking parts for engines and generators no longer in production, as well as continual market surveyancing for spare parts for up-and-coming technology, we can truly meet the demands of all of our clients, regardless of the industry they inhabit, and the systems they use.
Generator Spare Parts
When you’re in need of a generator spare part, there’s no need to go spare. Dale Power Solutions can advise in the parts you need for your machinery, sourcing and supplying them for you with a fast turnaround. The generator and UPS brands we support are many and far-reaching, including, but not limited to:
AEG | Alcad/Saft | APC | Broadcrown | Caterpillar | Chloride | Countryman | Cummins | Dale | Dawson Keith | Emerson | Enersys | Erskine | Exide | FG Wilson | Fiamm | GE | Gutor | HBL | MG | MTU | Munradtech | PB Design | Perkins | PE Systems | Petbow | Puma | Saft | Scorpio | SDMO | Swan | Volvo | Wetac | Yuasa
The list of generator spare parts we have on offer is also extensive, but to give you some idea, we can supply everything from batteries, battery chargers, control panels and engine heads through to fan belts, filters, turbo chargers, waste pumps and deep sea controllers. Along with float switches, heaters, relays and timers, we really do have everything you need to restore your generator back to full functionality.
What Makes Us Qualified To Help?
- Our network of technical engineers operate up and down the country, and are always prepared to go above and beyond for all of your power-based needs. Whether they’re simplifying complex works to train up staff, suggesting suitable spare parts or advising you through critical loss situations, they truly know their stuff, so you know they can be trusted.
- We are bound by our industry accreditations, putting the health and safety of our clients, as well as the environmental impact our work may have at the forefront of our operations. Along with being ISO 45001-, ISO 14001-, ISO 50001– and ISO 9001-accredited, we are also a CHAS accredited contractor, Constructionline accredited, an approved safe contractor, assured and CDM altius vendor and Nationalgrid Certified.
- Our Dale field data capture app ensures accurate reporting and collaboration between yourself and us. Using the app, we can report on all of your maintenance issues and requirements, taking photos as evidence, and determine the best products to get you up and running again.
- We also have an online portal which provides a smart maintenance solution with remote access to asset data, service reports and remedial works. We’re open, honest and transparent in the ways of our work, because we understand the importance of this in our industry.
To learn more about our range of maintenance options and why Dale Power Solutions is the right business for you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us today on 0330 999 3000.
Why You Should Choose Dale Power Solutions
- We have a team of over 100 dedicated UK service personnel – made up of experienced service engineers, project managers, software developers and commissioning engineers – who are committed to client service and care, and the assurance that your power systems are running at optimum efficiency.
- We provide the benchmark in power solutions and service for a wide range of diverse global markets, including power generation, electrical distribution, utilities and telecommunications, as well as manufacturing, healthcare and defence. Our expertise and in depth industry knowledge has been paramount to our success and we are committed to 100% client satisfaction, regardless of the client’s industry.
- We have a full critical power service support team who are available 24/7, 365 days of the year to answer any question, and assuage any concern. It doesn’t matter if it’s 5am in the morning, 11pm at night or even a national holiday, your requirements are our speciality, and we’ll always be there to guide and support you, and fix any issue as swiftly as possible.
- We understand the importance and impact that our activities have on the environment and are continuously looking for ways to improve efficiency across our sites. We promote energy and water efficiency, waste reduction, and the reduction of potentially dangerous, volatile or environmentally damaging chemicals. In fact, we recycle 96% of our waste.
- We are committed to making a sustainable positive impact in the communities in which we operate. We support our employees in fundraising for charities and voluntary work, recognising both the benefit to the community and the employees themselves.
If you’re looking for generator and UPS maintenance for your sites in Kent, London, Gwynt y Môr and Carlisle, among other locations, then please get in touch with us today on 0330 999 3000 to find out more.