The client had concerns over the obsolescence of a legacy Erskine Dual Modular DC UPS which had been in situ on a North Sea oil platform for a number of years.
• New, replacement rectifiers and batteries retrofitted with 2 pre-assembled 19” chassis’ and subcomponents
• High efficiency rectifiers fitted with minimal cost and disruption, while preserving all existing site cabling
• Meticulous planning and exacting design ensured replacement items could slot into the system
• System was fully tested before being dismantled into subcomponents, palletised and shipped
• Original batteries replaced with alternative low maintenance batteries
• Innovative new UPS control display slotted into existing space