Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this role involves the mechanical design of industrial UPS products and additional technical support to suit the requirements of the projects for the Commercial, Manufacturing and Supply Chain departments as well as external customers.
Based in the Scarborough office, your duties will include:
Generate mechanical layout designs from detailed information to adhere to customer and design guidelines/specifications.
- Produce layout designs using the Company’s 2D AutoCAD and 3D Solidworks CAD systems.
- Provide full documentation for the aid of manufacture and other departmental obligations.
- Work to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high work rate and quality standards.
- Provide technical support to other departments as and when required.
- Liaise with the Electrical Design Engineers to ensure a fit for purpose design is created.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner when dealing with external customers and suppliers.
Mechanical design experience on industrial UPS projects is preferred for this position, however, consideration of fabrication design or other mechanical design experience will be considered.
- Experience of the following would be highly advantageous:
- Understanding of fabrication and sheet metal design
- Enclosure internal layout design
- Ability to interpret electrical schematics
- Ventilation systems
- Understanding of design for manufacture