Dale Power Solutions has become a leader in bringing technology and engineering together to create innovative solutions.
Battery Replacement for Oil and Gas Client Minimises Offshore Maintenance
During a maintenance visit to a NUI one of the platform’s 8-year-old batteries was identified as requiring replacement (as per the battery maintenance strategy).
Dale Power’s Solution
- Successful battery replacement was achieved within a tight timescale
- Offshore service personnel and installation equipment were planned to align with delivery of battery
- Client’s aim to minimise off-shore maintenance was fulfilled
- Like-for-like battery model unavailable, so an alternative battery model, suitable to the platform’s load profile and with comparable physical dimensions, was sourced
- The battery blocks were all charged, and capacity discharge tested in a controlled on-shore environment, then fully recharged prior to shipping offshore
- Safety when unpacking is of paramount importance to the client and a strict packing standard was adhered to for all 8 pallets of battery blocks
- A Dale technician mobilised offshore along with lifting and moving equipment to carry out the battery replacement